History and Background
Kosta Browne was founded in 1997 by Dan Kosta and Michael Browne, two friends with a shared passion for Pinot Noir and a dream of crafting some of the finest expressions of this grape in California. Starting with very humble beginnings, pooling tips from their restaurant jobs to buy grapes, the duo's dedication and vision quickly propelled Kosta Browne to the forefront of New World Pinot Noir producers.
Vineyards and Terroir
Kosta Browne sources grapes from some of the most coveted vineyards in California:
- Regions: Their vineyards span multiple renowned regions, including the Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast, and Santa Lucia Highlands.
- Soil Composition: The diverse range of soils across their vineyards, from loamy clay to sandy loam, plays a crucial role in the complexity and character of their wines.
- Grape Varieties: While Kosta Browne is best known for its Pinot Noir, the winery also produces limited quantities of Chardonnay.
Wine Style and Production
Kosta Browne is celebrated for producing wines that are:
- Rich and opulent, with a signature lush texture and depth.
- Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, from vineyard management to winemaking practices, ensuring each bottle expresses the essence of its origin.
The winemaking philosophy at Kosta Browne emphasizes both innovation and tradition, with a particular focus on gentle handling of the grapes and precise fermentation techniques.
Kosta Browne's Pinot Noirs have garnered significant acclaim, with numerous vintages receiving high scores from major wine publications. Their commitment to quality and consistency has made them a favorite among wine enthusiasts and collectors alike. The winery's limited production and allocation-based sales have only added to its allure and demand.
Kosta Browne stands as a paragon of New World Pinot Noir excellence. Through a combination of passion, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to quality, the winery has carved out a reputation for producing some of California's most sought-after and revered Pinot Noirs. For those seeking the pinnacle of New World Pinot Noir, Kosta Browne is an essential experience.